Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Well, Here Goes!

Well, here goes.
Oh my goodness, I'm so nervous.  I feel like I'm back in college and it's the first day of class.  Trying to put into words things about me and my meager existence.  I always felt that I am too humble to talk about myself.  Probably some deep rooted psycho-somatic reason a lack of self-confidence or from an ex-husband's need to control the world and all things on it.

I suppose I could go on and on about the everyday mundane goings on of home and family but that's not my purpose here.  On occasion I will be happy to share stories about them but, the stories from the hot tub, the front porch, the kitchen table, or the back office are far more mind boggling and so worth a revisit, even if I'm the only one who enjoys them.  My mind is flooded with silly things and I wish I would have written them all down a long time ago, but I didn't.  We all kid that one day we'd write a book and call it "You Can't Make This Shit Up".
.
Some would say we (I will refer to us as we, my friends & myself, from here on) get a little childish, others would say we are down right ridiculous.  I will suffice it to say, "We are just getting through the day (or night) anyway we can."  These friends have come about through a variety of means and random events.  Most pleasant while others from horrific tragedies.  AND I love them all, through the thickest of thick and nightmares to the best of the best hangovers of the good.

The friends are most supportive as far as the BabyCakes are concerned.  For the last 2 years or so some have been pushing me to bake and sell them.  But then it becomes a "job" and not necessarily a treat or pleasure.  However, I have come to realize the job I have is one I actually love and wish it could be more.  So, if I love that and I love cupcake baking and decorating, WHY NOT???

Today was the first day I actually had BabyCakes at the coffee shop for sale.  I hope they were well received because I am my worst critic and was a bit disappointed with the texture of one.  It was not too overly sweet (which is good in this case), almost like a shortbread taste.  The lemon curd was really sweet, nice contrast.  Of course the frosting was rich creamy and lemony.   It was very good but not quite what I wished for.
Limoncello cupcake, filled with Lemon Curd, Lemon Creme Cheese Frosting, topped with pastel Jimmies

The second one is not a flavor I care for but they rose perfectly and smelled delicious.  The frosting was deadly!  The ever favorite Peanut Butter Chocolate cupcake topped with Peanut Butter Frosting, a sprinkling of nuts and drizzled with chocolate.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake, Peanut Butter Frosting, topped Nuts and Chocolate Drizzle
Tomorrow I will begin on the second round for the upcoming Easter weekend and make the coffee shops "new" signature cupcake.  Since the colors scheme is pink and brown it will be an Espresso cappuccino (brown) cupcake with Pink (white) Chocolate Frosting topped with a Chocolate covered Espresso Bean.

The second Babycake will be a moist light Carrot cupcake with pineapple and walnuts topped with a traditional Cream Cheese Frosting and hand-piped carrot fit for the big EB (Easter Bunny) himself.

So, that's the beginning of the BabyCakes.  

Until the next episode, TTFN.  Love Jeanmarie

No comments:

Post a Comment