Friday, April 22, 2011

Ahhh, the sound of water surrounded by porcelain.

I was simply astonished and overwhelmed today (Thursday 4/21) when I opened my Facebook to see the many comments and the words of encouragement.  The first one and perhaps most  significant was from my mom.  I almost cried.  Then I saw one from Jane, again I welled up and thought "Wow, is it really that cool?"  So I went back and re-read the 1st blog.  I guess it was okay.

Then I had to go on with my day.  As I was showering, once again I was wishing for water proof paper and pen or a tape recorder that could withstand a damp environment.  It's now almost 12 hours later and all I can think of is sleep.  But I'm so excited about putting my thoughts down here now, I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway. 

Between the blog and the BabyCakes, I feel like I have a focus…something to look forward to besides the usual routine.  So I put my focus to work and vacuumed the living room, packed the dish washer and started it, put in the laundry, talked with Nick & Dee for a bit, and then headed off to the coffee shop to bake.  Today I wanted to get ready for Friday and Saturday knowing the weekend could be a little busier (God willing).  So we decided to unveil the Port Java Signature BabyCake (keep reading the details will follow)...

As I walked up to the store front with bags in hand, I was happy to see a couple girls I worked with at the elementary school.  They were waiting for one more co-worker to go in and enjoy a nice little summin'-summin'.  When they arrived at the counter, our conversation began by them asking me how long I've worked there…but I don't.  So they decided I was like the Keebler Elf of the coffee shop.  I replied that I was just there to bake and showed them the last batch of BabyCakes I made .  While one was getting their beverages, another a table, the third stood guard over the 3 remaining Chocolate Peanut Butter BabyCakes, until I got the three plates and set ups for them.  Serving them, I spent a little time with them as they savored every morsel.  What a nice compliment.  There was also mention of getting edible paper cups so nothing is wasted.  Then I informed them I didn’t want to hear about the bill to the weight lose clinic at a later date either.  They assured me that wouldn't be a problem and wanted to know what was coming next…Ready???

The Signature BabyCake is---a Chocolate Espresso cupcake with White (actually pink) Chocolate Buttercrème Frosting, topped with a Brown & Pink button of milk chocolate, and lightly dusted with espresso power.  I think the best part of the whole experience was the texture of the frosting.  Truly nice to work with.


Port Java's Signature BabyCake--Choc.Espresso w/White Choc Buttercrème

One of the girls asked when they'd be ready and will be in first thing Friday to pick up a few for the weekend.
Thank you Winnie, Donna, & Lauren for enjoying time, coffees, and especially the sweet treats.  It meant the world to me that you took so much pleasure in your afternoon repast.

Along with PJ's Signature BabyCake will be a tribute to my son, Nick and the Easter Bunny, a moist Carrot BabyCake topped with tinted green (for grass) Cream Cheese Frosting where some sweet little jelly beans snuggle.

 Classic Carrot BabyCakes w/Cream cheese Frosting topped with jelly beans.
 
So, as I find a close to my day (or rather very early morning) I would like to thank all of you who read a small portion of my thoughts and hope you will stick with me for all my adventures, both future and the reminiscent kind.

As I close, I'd like to reflect on the most amazing thing of the day.
It was not waking up this morning and breathing, or surviving a trip to Sam's club with my husband tonight, but that now I --- Me --- Jeanmarie --- have followers!  Granted, one is my mom and another is my daughter, but followers non the less.   

And tonight I saw one more added.  One I don't personally know.  And for you, MerryEllen, I would like to dedicate tonight's blog page.
Thank you all &
Until the next episode, TTFN.  Jeanmarie


P.S.Happy Birthday Dad--missing you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment