Friday, April 22, 2011

Plans & Randomness

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU to all those who stopped by today to support Port Java and enjoyed a BabyCake or took the lot home for the holiday.  Both Judy & I appreciate your patronage. 

Now I didn't sleep much because I had so much on my mind…this is a good thing.  We planned to do 2 flavors for the weekend and one being the Signature BabyCake (see previous posting), but as in most plans, things have a way of changing.  After all the word PLAN is merely a suggestion for things that you'd like to do.

Some people have a day planner, some have a 5-year plan, while still others have the luxury of having a retirement plan.  And my mom will be the first to tell you the ole' retirement plan can change too.  Me, I can't plan for the next 10 minutes.  You'd think I have ADD.  I think I just have a commitment issue and have been guilty of procrastination all my life.  Again, ask my mom (cause Mom's seem to know best).

Along time ago my friend Debbie (who I still miss so very much each and every day--she had to go and die on me--the beeotch) would talk about stuff.  Ya'know, boys, work, what to do on the weekend, whether to go to Carroll's or Bruno's, basically life at 19.  She would have an idea and ponder it to death. I, on the other hand, would pick up and act on it.  Hence, we lovingly called each other Mouth (her) and Action (me), I know what you just thought and yes she was the mouth of the 2 of us.  One weekend we went to the beach and some how ended up with meeting 2 guys and hanging out with them, let's just say if my daughter told me she did this I would lecture her till time ended that they could be mad rapist or serial-killers.   And now---wait for it---the phone will ring and my Mother will call to lecture me---

My moral to this story is that history is repeating it's silly self once again.  I have gone into action mode.  Lori and Carolyn, Yes I totally blew off the girl code, but stand firm in my convictions that "Mike" was in far more danger than you two.  And Judy is happy today (in spite of the Mouths of the world kibitzing about things they should keep to them selves) because Action has reared her crazy head this week.

Now I must do some chores (of course while pondering my next BabyCake concoction) and get ready for dinner company.

So for all the Na-sayers and Butinskies of the universe---play nice in the sand box because eventually the wind will blow and you will be the one with cat poop in your face.

Until the next episode, TTFN.  Jeanmarie

P.S.  Take a moment today to thank the Lord on this, the most solemn of days, Good Friday when he gave his life for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment