Monday, May 2, 2011

It's gonna be a good day............. Friday, April 29, 2011 10:15 AM

Rise and shine!

It's gonna be a good day, it's gonna be a good--good day.

Happy Birthday Nana!

Packed up the car and headed to the nail shop.  Getting a pedicure as I write.  Trouble shooting for the bride.   Off she goes with the girls while Nana, Kam, Dee& I tend to other last minute deals and to dos.  Maggie lets Deet know she is on time and has arrived in Detroit (because that seems to be the midway point between Syracuse and Richmond…who knew?).

As I finish the last of the errands with Nana, we look at each other and let out the biggest sigh and feel like we can now "relax" and enjoy the rest of the day (well sort of).  Maggie texts, "boarding in Detroit".  To which I reply, "Yippppeeee!"  She then sends back, "Opps, hold on, scratch that.  A delay--over a light out in the lavatory."---REALLY!!!! ….and now is when she let's me know if the plane doesn't lift off very soon, "someone is going to bleed!"  I told her to hang a sign on the door--"Out of Order".

Light bulb installed by a team of union airline workers to the tune of more money than my dress costs but she is taking off into the wild blue yonder and will call on touch down.  And on to the hotel we go, check in, get changed and ready to head to the Mill for rehearsal. 

As we cross the parking lot to depart for the Mill, Magz calls, SHE HAS LANDED  safely in Richmond and her car awaits to delivery her to us.   The parking lot erupts with cheers and off we go.

Following rehearsal we head onto the restaurant where family members (including Uncle Wally) await a wonderful dinner topped off with a joint birthday party (for Kami, Nana, & MFAJ) and desserts for all who wish to take part.

Tired is not even a word that can describe how I feel at this point--but duty calls and I head up the hall to 832 for last minute orders.  As I finish the night with my computer in hand next to Afton on the sleeper sofa, my eyes just can't do it.  I kiss the bride and Magz good night and head back down the hall to a much needed rest.

…and a good day it was.  Sweet dreams.

Until the next episode, TTFN.  Love Jeanmarie

No comments:

Post a Comment